Tekken Chat Topic

Marshall Law being a mid 2000s emo/scene kid should now be canon.

1 Like

WOAAAAAAAAH!

2 Likes

Of course King is looking fantastic, but we have another two trailer drops now:

Lars got his long overdue facelift and now no longer resembles a chew toy out of a pet shop.

JACK-8 has swallowed GIGAS and his moveset! Iā€™m actually far more intrigued by JACK than ever this time around and Iā€™m excited to see how he plays in this instalment now he has at least two stance switches and as always, I love his inspiration from classic bodybuilding poses he throws up as win/intros.

1 Like

after I saw that king trailer my hype got raised a couple levels. I know for sure Iā€™m getting it just for the grappling.

1 Like

God, it was one of the best gameplay trailers to drop so far right? Itā€™s so fucking hype. And check out this legend!

Honestly, absolutely beautiful. So many words to say.

2 Likes

itā€™s clear to me that this tekkem is gonna be something special. the Announcer in this is the same announcer for the Yakuza Coliseum. apparently sheā€™s big in fighting scene over in Japan.

is it just me or junā€™s fighting has some of lillyā€™s moves?

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to find out why Jun is suddenly not dead anymore.

I mean keep in mind that Kazumi was playable in T7 but wasnā€™t alive

Apparently Jun has some weird health mechanics - where some moves and heavy hitters can let her stance change to begin healing a small amount, other more aggressive moves will actually subtract health from her life. Iā€™ll be really interested to see what they do with her in the lore and how thatā€™s explained.

EVO Japan finals is tomorrow (2:30am Monday for GMT+1 lads) and Iā€™m pumped thinking about another trailer. Iā€™m just also praying we have a return to classic story mode and Team battle, legit my two offline wants.

Also Iā€™ve linked every character trailer thus far in here, canā€™t do my broā€™s main girl dirty now!

A hefty trailer bump lmao:

Leroy is looking sick, Asuka is looking sick and Lili has a cat so all in all, shaping up well.

1 Like

Did anybody else get selected into the Closed Network Test?

I signed up for the PC one but not the PS5 one (donā€™t have one RIP) but PC codes havenā€™t went out yet.

Iā€™ll be on PS5 for it. Not sure if thereā€™s any multiplayer functionality with it but if there is would be keen to get some games going.

Iā€™ll be playing the CNT on steam next weekend. If I donā€™t get a code iā€™ll buy one off ebay. I donā€™t think there is lobby functionality, just ranked matchmaking.

1 Like

Alongside the Azucena reveal, we now have (nearly) what seems like the final details of the main chunk of T8. Iā€™m not going to lie - Iā€™m a bit anxious. Arcade Quest isnā€™t really something Iā€™m too keen on the idea of, I hope itā€™s just one thing on top of some other really great additions - but when SF6 gets World Tour and Tekken getsā€¦ chibis in a Playstation Home ass environment, I think thereā€™s an obvious winner.

Azucena was (supposedly) originally designed as an original character for TKxSF before the whole idea was canned, and hereā€™s her trailer. Not too sure on the coffee gimmick, but her style looks fantastic.

The return everyone wanted also:

Yeah Idk how Iā€™m feeling about T8. I definitely just want to know more, bit anxious about another title severely lacking in content (but this time, without an excuse considering how well T7 performedā€¦). Also kind of pissed off that Lidia and a bunch of other great characters are going to be delegated to DLC because theyā€™re fan favourites. Just fucking lame.

2 Likes

t8roster

Thereā€™s no rhyme or reason to who gets in and who doesnā€™t. I wouldnā€™t get pissed off about it. I was 99% sure Drag would be cut for political reasons but here he is. I have long accepted that this series has only ever been good by accident. Despite Haradaā€™s efforts, not because of them. Iā€™m not expecting T8 to have the longevity of 7, I just want to grind my way to TGP early and see how things look from there.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s honestly just beyond fucking flabberghasting at this point. Harada seems so stubborn in kicking Tekken into becoming some gross idea of whatever heā€™s obsessed with at the moment and so reluctant to take fan opinion into account that weā€™re ending up with some of the bleakest cast of characters in any modern FG.

Yeah Iā€™m in agreement. I think the moment this franchise sees a little too much success, their goals and ideas with the game become an unfocused mess - especially with story. Itā€™s genuinely hard to believe that T4 and T5 are meant to be in the same narrative as the shit show of T6 and 7. :sob:

Hereā€™s to Tag 3!

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a bunch of spare PC beta codes if anyone needs one

3 Likes

Iā€™ve unexpectedly become very hyped for Tekken 8. My love for fighting games has diminished over the years, and I havenā€™t played them regularly since the PS2 days with Tekken 5, Soul Calibur II and Dead or Alive 2.

But Tekken is pure nostalgia, Tekken 3 was the one fighting game I absolutely tanned as a kid, and the previews for the new one sound really promising. As long as my man Bryan Fury is still about.

2 Likes