Pokemon Chat Topic

If you cramp up with the original 3DS just buy the circle pad pro that supports about 4 games in the entire library :^)

1 Like

it’s a shame metal gear 3ds is forever locked to that system, id love to experience it at a stable frame rate.

handhelds for me aren’t a good way to play. the gba wasnt a problem but these machines have some heft to them now.

I love handhelds, I played most of Persona 4 Golden while on breaks at work. Breaks at work! That’s time that would’ve been completely wasted otherwise. I’ve been using a PSP Go recently because it’s so small I can take it with me without it forcing me to bring a bag or giving me a seriously full pocket. It’s also Y2K as fuck lol

LOL i love your aesthetic, playing a psp go? I really love that

1 Like

I really wanted a Vita for the longest time just to play P4G, but I never felt like I could justify that kind of expenditure for a single game.

Glad it came to Steam in the end, but still kind of feel like handheld would be the optimum way to play it.

P4G just feels right on the Vita, I can’t really explain it but laying back with some background TV on whilst you play a persona game is perfect. Much like Pokemon too.

Buuuuuut I’m aware that my introduction to the series was Persona 3 Portable on the PSP, so I may have quite a different view on what feels the best way to play Persona. I even played most of Persona 5 sat downstairs whilst Max played New Vegas through for the first time lmao.

I mean there’s a reason everyone wanted Persona 5 on Switch. Handheld gaming is GOATed. Part of why I never was fully on board whenever anyone wanted a Pokemon game on consoles pre-Switch. Pokemon is about battling your pals on the BUS and trading mon in the PARK

Tbh this is one reason why I love the switch - the freedom to do both.

When I was younger handhelds were awesome, but nowadays I like a big screen and the lack of neck ache when playing

I might actually reinstall PoGo for the June Community Day. It’s Gible and Gible is life.

I’ll probably uninstall that same Sunday.

If you decide to hang about let me know, I started playing PoGo again back in Jan

If you don’t mind associating with a dirty spoofer, sure.

I played from lock down last year until like after Go Fest in September (I think) and mostly enjoyed it but I dropped off when Megas came in and got annoyed by the blatant money grab and kind of lost interest.

Haha have they not fixed that yet? Doesn’t bother me much though, so long as we can Chuck each other a gift for xp and balls then I’m chill.

I still haven’t spent a penny on the game to be honest. I usually stick my Pokémon in the gym up the road, go to bed, someone kicks me out a few hours later then I go kick them out when I get back from work. Good system

I might play more if I had more people I actually know playing so give me a shout a day or two before and I’ll add you and send gifts for as often as I continue to play. Definitely doing Gible Com Day.

bump

So we have gen 9 (gen 8.5?) on the horizon I guess. Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet

edit for more info:

Grass Starter

Sprigatito

Category: Grass Cat Pokémon

Height: 1′4″Weight: 9 lbs.

Type: Grass

Ability: Overgrow

The capricious, attention-seeking Grass Cat Pokémon.

Fire Starter

Fuecoco

Category: Fire Croc Pokémon

Height: 1′4″Weight: 21.6 lbs.

Type: Fire

Ability: Blaze
The laid-back Fire Croc Pokémon that does things at its own pace.

Water Starter

Quaxly

Category: Duckling Pokémon

Height: 1′8″Weight: 13.4 lbs.

Type: Water

Ability: Torrent

The earnest and tidy Duckling Pokémon.

The Pokémon Company called it an “open world where various towns with no borders blend seamlessly into the wilderness.” Pokémon will appear everywhere, the company said — “in the skies, in the sea, and on the streets.”

If the water starters evolutions aren’t wearing a fedora and top hat respectively, I’m gonna lose respect for Game Freak.

1 Like

That water starter looks ABYSMAL. Child actor vibes.

1 Like

Yeah not big on Quaxley.

Grass > Fire > Water on the starters so far.

I’m guessing Springatto will turn either poison or psychic based on the pink eyes. Pokemon tends to be color coordinated like that.

Also the region is rumored to be Iberian based. Kinda makes sense with the grass starter name

1 Like

Seems to be a lot of hate for Quaxley and I’m not having it, I bet his evolution line is the coolest.

I’m still gonna pick Fuecoco though, I’ve been doing the fire pokemon since Gen 3.

Oh God, you used to have that haircut, didn’t you? :sleepy:

SO this new open world Pokemon, it this the one to jump in too? I got a friend with the game that’s willing to let me borrow it. this the one that’s gonna make me a Pokesexual or what?