Pokemon Chat Topic

I am usually just happy if I can have bug/poison pokemon, that what I usually go with. I ended up beating all of Pokemon Shield with a full bug team, which wasn’t too easy near the end but it was fun.

I remember liking black and white and the sequel well enough, same with X,y and Sun and moon. Though I am not nearly as picky as most people are when it comes to these kind of games.

1 Like

Play HG/SS. Its roster is made up of Pokemon you’d recognise from the 90s anime without having LOADS of later ones to dilute it (although imo later Pokemon aren’t any worse than the OG 151), you may still not recognise some of them but gen 2 Pokemon did make early appearances in the anime so who knows. Plus the evil team is still Team Rocket, big up Giovanni.

It’s also afaik the only game to have two regions in one. Granted, the second region in the game would likely be better appreciated if you played R/B/G but who gives a fuck? It’s Pokemon, unless you played the originals at release I don’t think you’d shit yourself over any of the recurring locations in HG/SS.

Also the Gen IV remake looks shit and Pokemon Legends Arceus gave us no reason to be excited. You blacked out!

I actually think it looks dope. Looking forward to jogging around freely

mf you want some jogging in your Pokemon game save yourself £43 and go buy this

1 Like

Yeah, well, maybe I will!

Fr though I’ve never even heard of that game before.

It was really fun lol

FR LG - for the Pokemon

Black or white - For that good story

…this right here is making me clutch my wallet!

Thank for the recommendations guys, now to see if any of these are on the switch store…

I wouldn’t say “good” story, just the best of the pokemon games. The story of most pokemon games are pretty similar, gen 5 just ramps it up a bit and doesn’t have the gimmicks in battle from gens 6-8.

FR or LG will be my final recommendation. :grin:

1 Like

Is the story basically “I want to be the very best like no one ever was, to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause” ? like is the stories all basically the anime’s story line? or can i expect some sick dad death like detective pikachu?

There’s no real story. You get a pokemon. You battle pokemon. You catch pokemon. That’s it. Your character doesn’t speak.

There are ROM hacks where creators take the base game and tweak/modify it to their whims and they often put in stories. For example I played a ROM hack called “Adventure Red” a few years back in which the creator put the story from the Pokemon Adventures Manga in to the game. That was fun. Plenty of similar fan made hacks around that may or may not have a decent story to them. Not something I’d recommend before playing the base games, obviously.

1 Like

The story is generally:

Get a starter/rival
Beat the first gym
Meet the evil team
Get badges 2-7 with more rival battles and evil team
Big climactic evil team battle
8th badge
Pokemon league
Post game

1 Like

Don’t forget legendary Pokémon drama!

1 Like

Ties in with the big climactic evil team battle mostly tbh. Especially Gens 3-6

if you guys have already answered this, i’m sorry it probably got lost in all the replies, but one for time. are any of the ones available for download on switch?

So what’s the most drama pokemon games have seen? no deaths or cheating etc?

I’m afraid I don’t know about the Switch. One of the boys who has one may know.

Drama wise? Well you can do Nuzlocke runs, though I haven’t. That’s where if a pokemon loses a battle, you release it and if all your pokemon faint you lose. Self imposed challenge kinda thing.

In real life it was (is?) the fact not all pokemon are available in Sword and Shield.

The only Pokemon games on the Switch are Sword and Shield.

On a 3DS however you can play: Red Blue Yellow (digitally), Gold Silver Crystal (digitally), Diamond Pearl Platinum (DS Cartridge), SoulSilver HeartGold (DS Cartridge), Black White (DS Cartridge), Black White 2 (DS Cartridge), XY (3DS Cartridge + digital), Sun Moon (3DS Cartridge + digital)

1 Like

Well looks like i’m getting emulators, my 3ds use to cramp my hands up so much. thanks brother man

1 Like

On my android “My Boy!” Is great for GBA games and “DraStic” is good for DS games. Can’t remember what I used for PC.

Same, I don’t know what it was but whenever I tried the normal version it was far too small and the 3DS XL which I ended up getting still really made my hands cramped. People love that console for the library but I could never feel comfortable holding it no matter what, it just wasn’t at all ergonomic. I think the amount of buttons + shape maybe did it in for me? I’ve since used a GBA SP which feels FAR better and it’s even smaller!

This being said, nothing will ever beat the ergonomics of a PS Vita IMO. :sleepy:

1 Like

I love that console for everything, not just the library. GOATed console. I’ve only ever had non-XL 3DS systems too and for the most part I’m alright but it does cramp sometimes. All handheld cramp my hands sometimes though but it’s because I hold them like a mug and for some reason support the bottom with my right pinky even though I’m holding it with my hands anyway? No idea why but I feel like I’m gonna drop it if I don’t do that, I even hold my phone like it looking while I’m typing this now lmao

1 Like