Pimping with your platinums

First platinum since 2009/2010. I’ll play other games before I consider getting the 17 out of 50 I need to platinum the Iceborne expansion.

2 Likes

Woooooooo fuck, congrats. I can’t imagine how much of a grind that must have been.

1 Like

Over 330 hours on the save, but it wasn’t all dedicated to the grind. Grinding the monsters for the small and large crowns was a nightmare. I’ve seen others say they’ve put in over 500+ hours so I might have got lucky.

2 Likes

There was a glitched trophy in Dragon Age: Origins which remains one of my proudest platinums of all time where the Darkspawn kill-Counter can frequently fuck up and reset to 0. There’s no work around, except for going to the very last segment of the game, standing around a gate and painstakingly waiting for enough to spawn so you can get a total of 1,000 kills (and pray it doesn’t fuck up again lmao).

Runescape :handshake: Monster Hunter
Bullshit

1 Like

Thinking of getting 99 in The Runespan or whatever the hell I did for Hunter is making me think maybe MHW wasn’t that bad.

1 Like

Nice mate, congrats!
Wasn´t there a rng trophy in this? I hate when they put that in trophy lists, and I´m not even a trophy hunter.

1 Like

There were multiple. The main offenders were the crowns. A crown is either a really small or really large Monster. 28 base monsters 3% chance for large and 3% for a small per hunt. Some monsters had quests with boosted odds (only by an additional 3%) or even guaranteed but some had no boosts. I killed one particular monster 95 times before getting both crowns. So glad I didn’t start over on the Steam Deck.

I have 36 I think?

1. Deus Ex Human Revolution (my first love - probably top 5 games of all time, was top 1 for quite a period)

2. Assassin’s Creed Black Flag

3. Batman: Arkham Origins (tough one, can’t get it now because multiplayer is disconnected).

4. Dragon Age II

5. BioShock Infinite (curious how this one aged tbh)

6. Watch Dogs (fuck that drinking game minigame)

7. Spec Ops: The Line (goated with the sauce love love this game)

8. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

9. inFamous Second Son (not out of passion honestly it was just easy)

10. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

11. Shadow of Mordor - Game of The Year Edition (don’t judge me)

12. Dragon Age: Inquisition

13. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

14. Transistor

15. DOOM (super fun one)

16. Assassin’s Creed Unity (underrated gem)

17. Dishonored 2

18. Game of Thrones

19. Middle Earth: Shadow of War

20. The Walking Dead

21. The Order: 1886

22. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

23. Bloodborne (dungeons were grueling)

24. Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla

25. God of War (2018)

26. Demon’s Souls Remake

27. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (was so close to the original - not sure why I didn’t get it and I can’t be fucked to boot my PS3)

28. Elden Ring (greatest game of all time)

29. Final Fantasy XVI (the only good FF)

30. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (such a good game, such a fun platinum)

31. Marvel’s Spider Man 2 (super easy plat, good game)

32. Ghost of Tsuhima (came back to this one after a long time)

33. Alan Wake II (last year’s GOTY uncontested)

34. Spider Man: Miles Morales

35. Dishonored: Definitive Edition

36. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (series platted with this)

Considering the following for my next hunts:

1. Mortal Kombat 1
  2. Tekken 8
  3. Helldivers II

Kudos to you for bothering to pick up all the Elfroot in each individual chapter. That’s the only trophy I have left for that game.

Always been a Dragon Age II truther (it’s better than Origins) so I think spite was driving me at that point - that I enjoy the game so much I’ll even get the fucking elfroot that I’ll never use because who the hell uses it for anything.

1 Like

Old habits die hard you old contrarian, you!

The Invasion trophies are annoying. I’ve gotten close to the end of two seasons only for it to change and me to have to start again. Was worse when Invasion was just riddled with super armour opponents for no reason. I do want to go back and do it but Tekken 8 takes priority rn and I’ve hardly even had time to play that.

MK1 had me reflecting on the NRS era of MK and I was actually thinking of going back to MK9 and platinuming that. See how well it’s held up.

You and me both, it gets underserved hate. But let’s be real, DAO is better. You just have a crush on default Hawke. :woozy_face:

How’s this playing? I’ve got money in my wallet and it’s between this or getting Dragon’s Dogma 2 in 4 weeks. But the Starship Troopers vibe is a massive selling point to me.

It’s an insane addiction jump on it stat

1 Like

I picked it up yesterday. I realized my surname is in the title so I had to.

Now I’m one step closer to doxxing you, Wayne II.

1 Like

If we have enough interest we should get a squad going for sure re: Helldivers.

You and me both, it gets underserved hate. But let’s be real, DAO is better. You just have a crush on default Hawke. :woozy_face:

DAO isn’t bad it just was clearly designed as a small thing that will never get anywhere. It has no real distinct visual identity, color palette is fucking shit, armor design is fucking shit - I’m not big on turn based combat and DA has always been in that uncomfortable spot where it wants to do action and turn based and it just kind of does neither extremely well.

Story wise it’s world was interesting even if it was just a rif on ASOIAF before it was cool; but my biggest issue is how it handles choice & consequence. It gives the player too much agency in a way that often breaks the world’s rules and that really annoys me.

Take the godchild for instance (a story thread that BioWare regrets that they will have to contend with for like every game in this series - Ultimate Sacrifice is the best ending anyways) or how you can break every convention of the game world and become a Grey Warden queen or Grey Warden prince consort. Hell, if you crown Alistair you can have two ruling Grey Wardens and everyone is kind of chill with it even though it should have massive ramifications on the game world (what happens when one or both of you get the calling? what about the royal line? why is everyone okay with Grey Wardens accumulating political power when they are supposed to be impartial?) just lots of tiny things like make everything feel more artificial, built to bend to you will as the player and not a living breathing world. Its a very archaic design methodology. Hawke is powerless and you experience that through your choices.

DAII isn’t perfect, but it dared to say ‘‘you know what? fuck the player’’ to try and tell an interesting story where some of your choices don’t matter because that is exactly the story Hawke is thrown into, and it juxtaposes beautifully with the myth that Varric wants to tell versus the reality.

DAI had an opposite issue where your character is in a position to generate massive impact but it somewhat falls short of showcasing that impact - except Tresspasser, Tresspasser is the best Dragon Age thing ever made tbh.

Give me another FF game half as hype as this and i’ll reconsider.

First plat since the norman reedus game. 100 percent on cyberpunk 2077

3 Likes