Pimping with your platinums

Earned a platinum trophy, all achievements, or 100% completion in a game? Post it here.

3 Likes

Been many years since Iā€™ve gotten a platinum / 100% but hereā€™s what I have:

R&C: Rift Apart + A Crack In Time
E.X. Troopers
Assassinā€™s Creed 3 + Revelations + 2
Battlefield 3
Sly Cooper 1 + 2 + 3

100% on Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Xbox too

Never been big on platinum trophies, Iā€™ve seen people put many, many hours into getting them on games they donā€™t even enjoy or even buying games they donā€™t want just to get an easy platinum, Iā€™ll never understand it.

1 Like

I have 29 platinum trophies, they are as follows:

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. Celeste
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
  5. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
  6. Days Gone
  7. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  8. God of War: Ragnarok
  9. Last of Us Part II
  10. Little Nightmares II
  11. Marvelā€™s Spider-Man
  12. Marvelā€™s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  13. MediEvil
  14. Persona 5
  15. Persona 5 Royal
  16. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  17. Resident Evil
  18. Resident Evil 2
  19. Resident Evil 3
  20. Resident Evil 5
  21. Resident Evil 7
  22. Spyro the Dragon
  23. Trails of Cold Steel II
  24. Trails of Cold Steel IV
  25. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  26. Uncharted 4: A Thiefā€™s End
  27. Undertale
  28. Until Dawn
  29. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

I do like to chase platinums where possible, and I do wish I had more given the sheer amount of gaming that I do, but there are a lot of games out there that doesnā€™t respect the players time by including trophies that are either incredibly tedious, time-consuming, difficult or a combination of all 3. And I refuse to put the energy into those ones.

1 Like

I feel you mate. Especially the latest trend, where you just have to press one button all the time.

IĀ“m not a ā€œplatinum hunterā€, even when they started with the trophies I was strongly against it.
Now though it helps me get the most out of a game. Where in the past I would often just finish the story. And I only play games I really want to play fully.

My latest:

#17 - The Last of Us Part II [Every Last One of Them]

1 Like

Iā€™ve only ever gotten all achievements for two games.

Dead Space (2008 not 2023)
Halo ODST

2 Likes

Ooh I do like a good trophy hunt.

Playstation:
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
Spyro 1
Spyro 2
Spyro 3
Spider-Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Assassinā€™s Creed II
The Order: 1886
Fallout 4
Far Cry Primal
Fallout 3
Far Cry 4
Tekken 6

XBOX:
Far Cry 3
Modern Warfare 2
Tekken 6
Assassinā€™s Creed
Assassinā€™s Creed II
CoD 4: Modern Warfare

Donā€™t ask me why I platā€™d a few games on two completely different platforms =/. I guess I just really enjoyed those ones lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a few, not a lot, about 13 but the one Iā€™m most Proud of is Death Stranding. Was my first plat Kojima game from a game I didnā€™t expect to enjoy so much, despite how polarizing it was.

Recently Re 2 and 3 because Fun and before that titanfall 2. I donā€™t usually go after then all that much unless unlocks are tied to them. DS was just the right game at the right time for me

2 Likes

I never went full-Plat obsessed or anything but Iā€™d say now Iā€™m less interested in Platinuming than I used to be. I remember I was going for the Assassinā€™s Creed III: Liberation platinum back in like 2017 and I took a step back and thought yo myself ā€œā€¦why am I doing this?ā€ and put the game down lmao.

These days opting to pick up most multi-plat games on Switch rather than PlayStation helps me to be at peace with it, portability>trophies. There are a fair few games that I would have Platinums for if I played on PS though.

Anyways, hereā€™s the games I have platinums for:

• Assassinā€™s Creed II - my first platinum, I loved this game very dearly and knew I wanted to do everything in it.

• JoJoā€™s Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle - This one is just quite easy. I played this game a lot so it just sort of happened.

• PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale - whoa another All Star game-I must have really loved that series! This one I picked up for cheap on Vita and I had an essay due so of course I procrastinated by platinuming this instead. I had fun! Iā€™d like a sequel to this game even though the main gameplay is very poorly designed imo!

• BioShock Infinite - was playing through this game again in the Collection after playing the first two for the first time. My housemate told me if I beat the game on 1999 mode within a week heā€™d buy me a BioShock themed reward. I did it and went on to platinum it, and to this day he still hasnā€™t made good on his promise.

• Undertale - this entire trophy list? itā€™s a gag. Just one gag. Not only is it a gag, but it is the only new content in the PlayStation port of Undertale, so of course I had to experience it.

• Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - picked this game up for Ā£10 years after it released and I ended up loving it, same deal as AC2 really

• Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Itā€™s fun! I want another game with the nemesis system!

• Tekken 7 - a drearily easy platinum for a fighting game.

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Actually rather proud of this one. Quite a big undertaking, and I was stuck needing 2 trophies for yeaaars before I finally decided it could go on no longer.

• Crash Bandicoot: Warped - Decided to platinum the N Sane trilogy so started with the easiest. It ended up being the only one I got around toā€¦(for now)

• Fallout 3 - I have no idea why I platinumed this. I intended to platinum New Vegas afterwards as a way to atone, but never got around to it.

• Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - I spent an entire day in bed on my vita doing this from start to finish. One of those days.

• Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight -

• Persona 4: Dancing All Night - THIS ONE HAD A STORY! I HAD TO PLAY IT FOR LORE REASONS!

• Persona 5 Royal - I wasnā€™t actually going for this platinum, I didnā€™t even look at the trophy list in case it gave anything away I didnā€™t know about the game. But I was so determined to play this new version of P5 the best I could that I ended up doing everything the trophy list wantedā€¦naturally. Was chuffed!

• Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion - I played the PSP version of this game for the first time in 2021. I was super pleased it was getting some love but also didnā€™t think a replay so soon after would justify the price tag. Henry ended up buying it for me for my birthday (thanks Henry!) and so I figured if I was going to replay it I would need to experience everything this game had to offer. Every mission, every side quest, every summon. Obviously (normally) doing everything in a game will net you the platinum, soā€¦pop! Had a great time with this one, and as of rn itā€™s my only platinum in the past 3 years!

I do have 3 platinum trophies from TellTale Gamesā€™ TWD S1, S3, and GOT (TWD S2? No platinum for some reason.) but I didnā€™t really ā€˜earnā€™ them I just finished the game and thatā€™s how you get them.

And hereā€™s a little segment I call ā€˜The Platinums That Got Away,ā€™ games where I was sooo close to platinuming, but one or two OTT trophies ruined the whole affair, and I will name and shame the trophies:

• Assassinā€™s Creed: Brotherhood -
    [Abstergo Employee of the Month] Get every single bonus at least once (Multiplayer Only).
    (This was every single bonus in one single match-I managed to get all but one once.

• LittleBigPlanet -
    [Booty Master]
    Collect all the prize bubbles on the story levels
    [Create]
    The levels you have published were hearted by 50 or more people and you were hearted by 30 or more people
    (The fact I aced every level but didnā€™t get every prize bubble is kind of ridiculous)

• Assassinā€™s Creed IV: Black Flag -
    [Committed To The Cause]
    Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.
    [All Rounder]
    Play on every game mode, and use every ability and ranged weapon once in Multiplayer.
    (I was playing the game 4 years after release)

• Rayman Legends -
    [Sooo rich!]
    Gather 1 million lums and unlock the final Hero
    [Truly awesome!]
    Reach the final level of Awesomeness
    (These are some of the grindiest trophies of all time. You would have to play the daily challenges of Rayman Legends for NINETY DAYS to get this. Thatā€™s booting the game up just to do one small challenge for 3 months. For a game like this thatā€™s FAR longer than the time itā€™ll take you to beat the gameā€™s actual content. Insane!

5 Likes

Kinda where I fell on them. Now I look at the trophy list and Iā€™ll do the ones that looks fun but Iā€™m not gonna do busy work trophies unless the game truly speaks to me.

2 Likes
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Telltale: The Walking Dead
  • Telltale: Batman
  • Marvelā€™s Spider-Man
  • Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
  • Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition

Super close on Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man Remastered too.

1 Like

ā€œWould you kindly make good on your promise?ā€

I get this. In my case itĀ“s multiplayer trophies or move controller trophies, that halted my quest to 100% some games.

DidnĀ“t mention it, but IĀ“m particularly proud of my MGS series trophies, Catherine and LittleBigPlanet. Just a shame I got LBP on my old account. Wish you could somehow merge accounts.

1 Like

Man for the ones that got away on my side I gotta say that first jedi survivor game as well as the 1st spiderman game one ps4. The trophies were easy enough to obtain, fun to but I had other things on the back burner getting ready to be cooked.

Was really proud of my titanfall 2 plat for a bit, that training course timetrial was the very last trophy to acquire and that alone took me a lifetime.

#18 - Catherine: Full Body [A Full-bodied Wine Toast]

1Lf06d9a

Finally got it - Catherine platinum number 2. :sweat_smile: Saved one of the easiest levels for last this time. Ending on a more relaxed note was nice, haha. Catherine PS3 not so much for me, as I needed the last Babel level for the platinum back then.
A nice milestone since this platinum is also my 1000th trophy.

4 Likes

Currently working on Ghost of Tsushima. Iā€™ve technically already got the Platinum, followed a guide with it as I really wanted it on PS5 as I loved the game on PS4 so much (not enough to Platinum it at the time as I just didnā€™t care about Trophies as much as I do now) but I made many mistakes along the way, such as saving in the middle of side quests or shrines/fox dens etc. Anyways all that meant is that the last two Trophoes needed for the Platinum (basically the two ā€œdo everythingā€ Trophies) didnā€™t pop.

So here I am again. Full run through the game from the very beginning (just recruited/did the first misison with Sensei Ishikawa). Woe is me lmao.

2 Likes

I wish I had chased the Ghost of Tsushima plat as I did really enjoy it at the time, but restarting a massive open world game at this point of my busy life just ainā€™t happening.

Platinum #30 - Final Fantasy XVI. Was glad this popped when it did, the grind was a bit tedious and I was just about to start losing my patience by the time I popped it. On to the next one.

2 Likes

ThatĀ“s tough, haha. But a great game to do a second time, if you have the time. Do you have the multiplayer trophies?

Nice one, @Bread , congrats!

1 Like

I donā€™t. I think Iā€™ve done the tutorial of the online/Legends stuff but thatā€™s it. Iā€™m glad that theyā€™re not required for the Platinum.

And yeah, there are much much much worse games to have to replay haha.

Platinum #31 - The Evil Within 2

A platinum 6 years in the making this. I loved it when it came out in 2017 and planned to platinum it at the time, but found the Classic difficulty mode too hard and had to abandon it. Downloaded it again last week on a whim for another playthrough, and learned there are invincibility and one-hit kill cheats just lying there in the options menu. Job done I guess.

4 Likes

Haha, nice! Feels good after all those years.
Had a similar experience with Tomb Raider. Gave up on it because the multiplayer scene for it was/is dead. Then some time in summer Ā“22 I found an old Belgian forum I used to visit and some people willing do start a private room. Got the last trophies done in a weekā€¦

New one tonight:

#19 - God of War [Father and Son]

In the end, I really enjoyed this game. Lots of lore, I like that. The stories are nicely told by Mimir, often while chilling in your boat. Great ā€œcharacterā€, a talking head on your belt. :lol: Muspelheim and Niflheim were less my cup of tea.
I saved the last Valkyrie to finish the game on a high note. Which was still a challenge due to my low level.

2 Likes