Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater

With few gaming shows/conferences left for Konami to show at this year, I wonder when these announcements will come.

1 Like

Konami sounding a bit cagey there, hard to trust them when they’re being so vague.

1 Like

Yeah and as fun as those online games were, they only ever were good the first few months. 4 months down the line when only the pros stayed on and learned how to exploit mechanics. those games became a hassle to play. boxpopping destroys the vibe of that experience. Dont get me wrong, I’ve had the rank of Eagle, Hound, and Doberman that doesn’t mean i have to like that boxpopping nonsense!

1 Like

Boxpopping was incredibly annoying no doubt and I was awful at the game, but I still got a great laugh from it. TSNE was a great mode too and when they added in legendary characters that would be on the field during team battle games it added another layer of chaos into the mix, it had some really good modes.

2 Likes

Yeah but Konami is happy to use their ideas and artwork!

Here’s my feedback Konami: FUCK YOU!

I figured as much, some of the hypothesis I’ve been seeing around the web are hilariously stupid. Metal Gear TRIANGLE?! It makes a lot of sense, we actually talk about this at length on The Snakepit, but MGS3 is the beginning of the whole affair. Maybe it shouldn’t have been branded with a three to begin with.

Hayter confimed by default.

This is very ominous. I am so, so worried Konami is just going to milk this entire thing until it’s dry.

This is…something I hadn’t even considered. Regardless, meager food for souls forgotten Konami, knock it off with this vague bullshit! Give us some hardcore facts!

With our luck? 2033.

I get not wanting to ‘spill the beans’ but given how damn long it’s been, how much every fan has invested in this series, they could give us a little more than this robotic response. Watch they’re gonna use Chat GPT to re-write all the in game dialogue then voice train an AI to Hayter’s voice, then sue Hayter for infringing on THEIR AI voice!

You and me both, the box popping, the glitching, heinous fucking going down on those old games, hell that’s why we started Jackal Unit way back when, who remembers the JUO website with the list of cheaters on it? We just wanna sneak around and have a good time and no-lifer sweatlords always crept in and took a big filthy shit in the middle of the ballpit…I guess they didn’t call it Brown Town for nothing, eh?

1 Like

MGO1 though let you use Ocelot’s ricochet though which i admit was really fun when you knew someone was hiding around a corner lol. also the more you use the SAA the faster he reloaded and shot it. interesting and fun mechanics but YES. the sneaking games were fun, especially with snake dropped in the middle of the firefight, was a cool concept!

Honestly imo the real answer as to why MGS3 is the one to get remade is the same as it was back on 3DS, it’s the tech demo entry. It’s got crumbling buildings, lush forest greenery, murky swamps, state of the art bases. It has a wide variety of locations that all serve to showcase the new console.

1 Like

Brilliant observation, makes a lot of sense. I’ve been playing devil’s advocate and holding my breath but part of me obviously really does want to see this be the first in a series perfect remakes.

Alas, I think that’s too much to ask.

I believe they also said it’s he one fans have asks for the most, which really means, this will be a sure hit whether we fuck it up or not.

Ain’t that interesting? I always thought MGS2 was the game everyone was crazy for but I realize now in hindsight it was probably just our group and the community on MGSF that were crazy for it.

MGS3 is probably my favorite in the series, but MGS1 and 2 are almost neck and neck, I think Snake Eater was just so well done, and hit me so perfectly at the time with my young mind becoming infatuated with militaria of the era and the Vietnam War.

Out of curiosity, how would you all feel if Peace Walker remake was sold as a DLC for this game? In your opinions, could that work well or would the format which MGS3 and Delta is bound to take fail in meshing with PW?

I don’t think I’d get it for what it’s worth. I was never keen on PW and felt it was perhaps the game with the highest amount of filler I’ve played. Being cheaper than full price might help but I genuinely don’t care about the game at all.

2 Likes

I gotta agree with Nate, I don’t think I’d purchase. PW, Portable Ops, and Survive are the bastard children of the series, and they deserve to be left at a Cincinnati Bus Station and never seen or heard from again…but you know Konami is going to milk this for all it’s worth. They’ll probably pair these shit tier games with a game everyone wants in order to even get it to sell.

1 Like

Finally superglueing the box, after 17 years. :smiling_face_with_tear::nerd_face:

Also found the traitors´ address in Holland.

Get ready for some burning poopbags on the doorstep.

5 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA PLEASE DO IT!

1 Like

Hey fellow gamers,

I couldn’t be more excited about the news of “Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater” hitting the gaming scene. This announcement has my gaming heart racing, and I’m eager to dive into this remake of a true classic.

From what I’ve seen, the updated graphics and modern gameplay improvements promise to breathe new life into a game that’s already a masterpiece. But it’s not just about the visuals; I’m intrigued to see how the development team at Kojima Productions handles the iconic story and memorable boss battles.

As we eagerly await more details, what are your personal expectations for this remake? Is there a specific element from the original “Snake Eater” that you’re hoping to see enhanced or reimagined? Let’s share our excitement and predictions as we gear up for another thrilling Metal Gear adventure!

I wouldn’t mind more backgorund on some of the Cobras. Pain and Fear especially. Their fights could use an update too. Fear’s has a nice base with traps and poison to work with to create something way more memorable.

Imagine we havent seen one damn lick of gameplay and footage since this thing dropped. it’s making me ansty.

In terms of the cobras. it’d be cool if we got some ww2 gameplay of em but without koj’s blessing. it’ll just be fanservice to me. i dont reeally want konami to expand the story. just the gameplay.

Absolutely, Black_King, I completely agree with your sentiments. Pain and Fear are intriguing characters, and delving deeper into their backgrounds and personalities would not only enrich the story but also make their boss fights more engaging.

Fear’s unique abilities and penchant for traps could indeed be explored further to create unforgettable encounters. It’s fascinating to think about how the developers might reimagine these battles for “Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater.” Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some exciting updates!

Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater - Official Unreal Engine 5 Trailer | Xbox Partner Preview - YouTube

Looks like it’s 1:1 with new textures. You weren’t expecting a new game, were you?

4 Likes