Metal Gear: Master Collection

Only 1080p on PS5/XSX too. :laughing:

Glad I’m sticking with the Vita version.

3 Likes

I’m not touching this thing with a shitty stick. It looks like we’ll be getting better performances on the HD 2012 releases on an emulator.

3 Likes

How is the colour grading worse in the Master Collection? I genuinely do not understand how, even if this is a lazy port or calculated laziness, how the fuck you can make something look worse with more horsepower?

3 Likes

I remember we had something similar with the SOTC HD Remaster, but even then that felt like a specific decision to make it look brighter (even if some - myself included - thought it took away from the original’s impact on the world’s atmosphere). This looks like they’re aiming for something similar but it just doesn’t look great.

3 Likes

I am genuinely curious and excited for it…particularly Vol. 2. Are we going to get MGS4 as a PC port? Are they going to touch the abandoned Xbox port?

Honestly, just happy that I don’t have to fiddle with an emulator anymore to get it done.

6 Likes

That’s the biggest “pro” is bot fiddling with emulators but honestly emulators are exceeding what we’ve seen so far. Holding hope the ps5/pc version will at least be 1080p 60 native. The ps3’s 720p still looks pretty crisps thanks to amazing art direction. And yes mgs4 will be the cherry on top. It’s looks soooo good at 4k 60 and that’s close to a launch ps3 game.

Welcome to the boards BTW, don’t forget to make an intro topic so we can get to know you a little! Good to see you!

I’ve seen all the rumours of MGS4 in Vol.2 but I have to say, if this is the level of effort they’re putting into this release then I’m wondering how likely that is. That game has been stuck since release on the PS3 only, I don’t really know if we can really trust Konami of all companies are really going to give us a PS5/XSX/PC port of that after this.

4 Likes

Looks like there will be a ps4 version of the master collection but only digital? Why?

Considering the way Konami handled the franchise post-exit Kojima (Metal Gear Survive), I won’t disagree with your sentiment. Heck even pre-exit, (Twin Snakes, Snakes Revenge), it’s not exactly been a sterling record.

It just seems hilarious to me that they not only can’t upscale MGS4 to big beefy boi hardware, they are incapable of porting it!

The term ‘Master Collection’ indicates to me “The ulitmate metal gear collection.” Can’t have it without MGS4.

But then again, Rockstar screwed the pooch with the Master collections of the GTA games, so…

2 Likes

So that GW can censor the controversial data.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of The La-Le-Lu-Le-Lo.

2 Likes

Lol it’s a fear I have, but I read recently Konami have put a warning at the splash screen saying they maintained the artist’s original vision and the views are dated, basically but they said it nicer.

Ugh, now we gotta apologize for stances against censorship, against war, and against nuclear weapons.

3 Likes

Boggles my mind that this keeps happening. Silent Hill HD collection on PS3, GTA Trilogy Definitive edition last year, Halo Master Chief Collection on Xbox.

It can’t be that hard to just make classic games readily available on modern consoles, I refuse to believe it.

2 Likes

And considering that emulation/virtual machine freeware can do it BETTER, boggles the mind.

2 Likes

you can get mgs1 widescreen, no warping textures and 60 frames on my old ass pc, there was no excuse.

Also hearing now that even on ps5 we’re getting it at 1080 max, WOW!

1 Like

Will still probably get it purely for the convenience. As long as it doesn’t have crazy bugs.

Fingers crossed for MGS4 though…

1 Like

ive already preordered, depending on whether they removed anything…this means my ps3 is one step closer going into the closet lol. still keep it around for ps1 discs games when i’m feeling super nostalgic.

I also wonder if Metal Gear Solid will be based on the Integral port from years ago.

Not that it matters much, but just curious.

was integral the pc one with the fpv view? I kinda dought it if that’s a case. Although its the only version with the integrally supressed mp5 if you choose easy mode.

1 Like

It was specific to Europe, as I recall, and it did have the EZgun or whatever the hell it was.

It would make sense because the architecture was PC (Windows XP, if I recall), just scale it up for modern hardware. But I don’t know a damned thing about it, lmao.

1 Like