Metal Gear: Master Collection

Heh. Same here mate. 1/3 of my (small) games collection is OG Metal Gear. I just need to find me a good PSX but there´s no rush.

Uh-oh…

We were just discussing this in Motherbase, having the physical media is SO important, whether it comes to games, music, film, books, whatever.

Garage Sales and Flea Markets! Or, I don’t know if you have any near you but there are several retro game shops in my city that sell refurb or better old consoles.

This has now been confirmed for a release date of October 24th. Also includes Snake’s Revenge and first two Digital Graphic Novels. No PS4 / Xbox One release.

2 Likes

Ooooh I liked the games being organised by timeline chronology in that trailer ngl. Added for nice contrast in gameplay footage and story.

1 Like

Never played it, may pick this up just to have the OG games in one place. Interesting to see it here now that Kojima has no say in what Konami releases.

1 Like

Ghost Babel is the real MGS1. Reject Hideo, take the Fukushimapill.

3 Likes

Thoughts? Too soon for an MGSV re-release?

This feels like it belongs in Wildest Fan Theories lol

1 Like

MGS4 and PW make sense but I just don’t get why MGSV would be there.

3 Likes

Most exciting thing about that is the opportunity to experience the FOX engine on a PS5 and optimised for it - not just through backwards compatibility - if you haven’t already played it on a modern PC IMO. I wonder if they’re planning to put anything unique in there though which they’ve kept locked up in the Konami vault - extra missions, the supposed cut areas, or extra items perhaps?

Probably the cynic within me but I doubt we’d see any huge improvements and given how cheap and accessible MGSV is now it just feels like an odd choice. It doesn’t even look like MGS-MGS3 will have many (any bar visual?) changes in the Vol 1 collection so I can’t see MGSV getting special treatment, only MGS4 should need any specific work since it’s been locked on the PS3 for years.

2 Likes

Just imagine e for one sec. Kojima is back for a stealth COMPLETE release for mgsV!a man can dream!

2 Likes

Is it bad that I’m super pumped to play MGS1 with Trophies? Funnily enough it’s probably the game in the series I’ve played the least so I bet there’s gonna be a lot of challenges in the trophies that will lead to new discoveries and all that.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve sessioned MGS1 to death back in the day, In 1998 it was one of two games that I played haha, but I just haven’t had the urge to play it that much over the years, I listen to the OST way more than I play the game.

5 Likes

you should get your ass on it boy! truth be told i haven’t completed it since the essential collection it, what 2008? but during the era when let’s plays were big i watched folks beat it a couple times.

the biggest thing im scared for is things being removed, if there’s a pc release fans will fix this no biggie.

Actually, yeah. Back in the day I played it incessantly but after MGS2, 3, etc. It’s probably my least played MGS now. I haven’t played it end to end since the 90’s. Time for that to change, working my way back right now.

1 Like

It’s actually the game I’m both looking forward to playing the most out of the collection, and the one that I’m most curious to replay on modern hardware. I can’t wait to see how they deal with things like the Mantis fight or the torture scene.

1 Like

I was curious about this too. I guess there can be work arounds to keep Mantis saying that you like to play Konami games if it detects MGSV or something, but otherwise, the references to other games must be totally inaccessible.

Man the controller switch would be interesting huh, I dont know if the ps5 lets you switch at all. they migght have to do something in game.

I love how they did that in Guns of the Patriots. Did any of you try to switch controller ports?
First Campbell is telling you to, although Rose says it won´t work. He´s talking to you like some out of touch dad trying to help but who has no idea what´s happening.
Then if you switch the ports you get yelled at by Otacon.
And if you have the old Sixaxis, no Dual Shock, Mantis says: What? No vibration?! :rofl:

Guess they can do something like this in the remaster. No memory card though…

2 Likes

They did that in MGS1 with the statues.

Here it is boys and girls, finally a port that runs worse this Gen than it did last Gen! HOORRAYY! TBF it’s running on a switch which is ancient tech at this point.

3 Likes