UnMetal

It’s finally out for PS4, 5, PC and Switch. The corny comedic tribute to the Metal Gear series is ready for those beyond the limited run games version on PS Vita is available.

“UnMetal is a 2D stealth action-adventure that pays homage to the classics with a healthy dose of humor and satire. You play as Jesse Fox, who is definitely NOT an elite commando, under arrest for a crime he didn’t commit, and must escape a covert military base using his wits and fists.”

We’ve had such a drought of good games for a while and now they’re all just dropping at once. Typical!

2 Likes

well it definitely looks corny lol

2 Likes

Played through its entirety and have been working on my review for it. I got a good laugh out of the game, but the humor is gonna hit or miss for everyone and the voice acting is mostly pretty bad. The real draw is the gameplay, which genuinely kicks ass 8 times outta 10. That and there’s a metric ass-ton of boss fights which were all straightforward but mostly really fun.

Biggest downside for me is some of the none sneaky-punchy parts are too tedious, there’s no new game + (but there is a chapter select that lets you replay any chapter after the fact) and the game gets really hard with some of the bosses.

But all in all, it’s probably in my top 5 for the year after RE8, Metroid, Steel Assault and a tossup between NMH3 and Hitman Season 3.

1 Like

I think i’m gonna pick it up but I got to admit, an inspiration of metal gear is still no substitute for MG for me. I need that “TAKE ITSELF seriously” main story pull. the jokey part is actually the part that puts me off, i think it’s easier to make a funny tongue in cheek reference game than actually try doing a serious metal gear esque story. Then again i’m just an annoying hardcore MGS fan lol

1 Like

Well, should you still be on the fence about this one, I just finished up my full review of the game in case you wanna get a feel for the good, bad & ugly before picking it up:

1 Like

Added it to my watchlist, gonna give it a watch tonight!