The Snakepit — Voices in the Wind

In this episode @NightFox and myself explore the indelible link between Metal Gear Solid and THE SUPERNATURAL where we discuss the residual hauntings of Shadow Moses and beyond, Ocelot’s possession, Snake’s Near Death Experience, the Symbology of the Serpent, and much more in this first part of a double trouble two part episode of THE SNAKEPIT!

So what exactly is The Snakepit? A shocking and outrageous exposé of the beloved cult phenomenon that is Metal Gear Solid through the eyes of two long time fans, it’s how we discuss Metal Gear amongst each other, and boy is it ever going to get weird. We hope you’ll tune in, drop out, and join us in our journey to the heart of darkness that is everything Metal Gear.

For now we’re hosted on PodBean, but soon you’ll be able to find us on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube, and Rumble so you can listen however best suits you. If you’d prefer a direct link to download the episode, you can find that here, and feel free to subscribe to our PodBean, as you’ll likely get the episode before we have a chance to post it here.

Thanks for taking the time to read, listen, and participate, you guys make the community what it is, and we can’t thank you enough for it. Any and all comments, critiques, observations, continued discussion can be had in here! Adios amigos!

10 Likes

Great topic, MGS 1 - 3 lent itself to supernatural ideas and themes so well and naturally, and in a pretty fun way too. Psycho Mantis reading
your memory card is a really fun example of that kind of haunted digital media which you thought was possible as a kid lmao. Will listen ASAP!

3 Likes

Interesting! 30 minutes, perfect for the trip to my next job.

2 Likes

This was a really fun one to discuss! Alot of theory conversation. Please folks let us know some parts that got under your skin a well! Thanks for listening!

3 Likes

During my lunch break. People walking by have no idea whats happening.

2 Likes

Loved it! It´s fun listening to you guys. Great topic to. Kojima´s love for supernatural shows in all his games.

Gonna have another listen at home and maybe share thoughts.

3 Likes

I think these Snake Pit things might be the firs time I’ve heard Sad’s voice in all these years :grinning:

3 Likes

1-3 are really where we focus here too. It’s honestly the cherry on top of the series as far as I’m concerned. I hope that comes across in this love letter to Kojima’s fascination with the supernatural. For as amazing as MGS is, it wouldn’t be so beloved if it weren’t for all the weirdness and paranormal connection, at least in my opinion.

Appreciate it!!

It’s a sultry, supple voice…wouldn’t you agree? :grin:

2 Likes

Ahh a double dip into the world of the macabre! Thanks for the encore listen!

It’s abit weird but nostalgic isn’t it? it’s great to have an outlet to taalk about out love fore metal gear again. I hope you enjoyed it!

Quart of motoroil everyday only helps!

2 Likes

Guys you’ve released two of these and both times my car radio has been busted. I’m going to have to request you desist

1AAD8CA1-E1C8-403C-9151-3C460F6B684D

3 Likes

Really great episode here; MG is so intertwined with the supernatural I just sort of forgot that’s a thing that could be discussed on its own. I had the first episode on my mental watchlist and forgot to listen too so it made a great double feature while I bashed zombies in Project Zomboid.

2 Likes

We get even deeper in the muck in the next episode. It’s up to our thick thighs. Thanks for listening man.

AND I must request you purchase a boombox, crank it to 11, and play this from the rooftops to your neighborhood’s bewilderment. They’ll learn to love it, trust me.

“When I listen to The Snakepit so do my neighbors!”

3 Likes

Tell me you finally dl’ed to you iphone shuffle or psp and have given it a listen!

It makes me really happy to know you guys are enjoying our little discussions, me and jim sometimes stay up till the dawning hours talking about metal gear, great to know you all dig it.

Thank you for all the feedback guys, it really helps us in ways you cant see jsut yeah. I appreciate you all so much!

2 Likes

Sorry it’s N-Gage or nothing for me now!

1 Like

Well you probably can’t tell because you’ve been doing it a while, but it comes as no surprise that two of the oldest and most active members on the frontrunning discussion board for Metal Gear Solid might be good at discussing Metal Gear Solid. I mean to you it’s just little discussions, but to anyone random that may find it, it’s a cool window into a series they’ve only just started getting into, and one that is notoriously “complex” according to many. Keep at this because once the YouTube side of things is sorted out it will inevitably gain traction, The Algorithm (PBUH) loves podcasts.

2 Likes

Appreciate it man. Really.

That’s the plan! We got another on the way soon and will be recording more after the next edit is done.

2 Likes

Bro, Don’t make me break this sugar bowl off in that ass! When you do homie lemme know what you think!

Thanks love, appreciate it, it warms this cold Metal heart to read this! there’s another one coming soon i just have to get my ass on it to edit but expect it in the coming weeks!

Not if i press this “delete” button on my keyboard!

2 Likes

Rather spookily I have dug out my old Bluetooth speaker that I never used to keep me going in the car so I have finally listened. Bravo! Top job! Shall we be expecting more sessonal episodes in the time to come, perchance speaking about Naked Snake’s thoughts on Father Christmas, or the feelings that are brought up for Solid Snake in Winter time of cold, hard snow finding its way into his groin through his sneaking suit on Shadow Moses?

1 Like

We’ve got one in the pipe now actually, scheming on another block of shows as we speak as well.

HAHAHAHAHAH more like dealing with Naked Snake and Adamska’s mommy issues!

Appreciate you listening man! Happy you enjoyed it.

1 Like