Polls

Does the site have the poll feature? It has always been a great option when making a topic.

1 Like

It does actually. Check the tutorials.
And welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi there, Otacon should be somewhere in your dm’s, he’ll give you the rundown of all site features, discourse is quite a powerful tool.

Alot of features can be found hitting the gear symbol on the right side

2 Likes

Lmao the way I had no idea. Why do you have to do the Otacon tutorial to get polls?

Are you on drugs, sir?

You guys must have been to hide the polls unlock behind a tutorial! I haven’t had them this whole time!

You don’t. They’re unlocked for everyone who makes it past Mercenary Recruit to Genome Solider.

First of all, I WAS on drugs when I made this forum. Secondly, even though the tutorial DOESN’T unlock any features, it’s your own fault for ignoring Otacon in the first place (only 13 of you have completed it), and third by default, polls are enabled in Discourse and users of trust level 1 (Genome Soldiers) or above are allowed to create them. It’s a security measure that locks out new, potentially rogue recruits from stirring up too much trouble.

No one has quite made it past the second tier of our forum ranks (internally called Trust Levels), but once you surpass this through participation and make it to FOX even MORE hidden features are unlocked like re-categorizing topics, renaming topics, access a private lounge area, and more security and moderation functions which don’t matter too much now while we’re still a small community, but will matter later. Users who surpass FOX to Philanthropy tier gain even more powers.

The idea is to eventually have the best, most active users essentially have moderators capabilities so the people best suited, who engage the community the most become soft moderators and the site essentially functions and polices itself. It’s a very hands off approach to moderation, as I think the community should be self sufficient without the need for a huge, overbearing moderator team like some other forums used to have. That gives us the chance to actually work on things we like rather than micro-moderating the community and mod team.

My point is, the entire system is setup to slowly allow users more capabilities and powers as a security feature which is why polls aren’t available right away.

1 Like

May be a bug then, I’ve been Genome since 2021 but until doing the Otacon tutorial the other day when I saw bosa’s post the only thing the :gear: Showed was Hide Details

Oh fr? Maybe a permissions marker has been accidentally ticked associated with the tutorial @Hessikin

This is bizarre. Likely a bug, but all the more reason everyone should do Otacon’s tutorial.

I’ll check it out. Really could be a bug.

@Otacon fortune

:crystal_ball: As I see it, yes

5 Likes

I think I did them all (2)? Can I start more somehow?

There are only two. The introductory and thr Advanced. You can also prompt Otacon to do with again –

@Otacon display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@otacon start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@otacon roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@otacon quote

:left_speech_bubble: However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? — Buddha

@otacon fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

I need to see if I can program you to spit out MGS quotes…

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @otacon display help.