Original Poster?

So when I go into a section and look at the list of topics, it says how many replies it has and who the most recent reply is from. Is there a way to see who the original poster of a thread is?

2 Likes

Umm i’m not sure but me and @Hessikin will look into it soon.

1 Like

@NightFox

It’s no big deal I was just curious. :slightly_smiling_face:

Might be something I have to switch on somewhere, but for now I have it set to show the latest poster, usually it would show a cascading line of the last several posters, which I may switch it back to. We’ll see, lots of changes coming up in the next few months. Almost all of them are quality of life and visual stuff.

For now, you’ll have to use the timeline next to the thread you’re in to scroll back to see the original poster. It’s interesting, Discourse is very much the antithesis of what older forums were, Discourse really pushes the what’s happening NOW aspect rather than worrying about who started a thread.

I even had to change some setting to keep pinned topics pinned because by default after a user reads them they become unpinned and just get pushed further down, the idea being that you only need to read the pinned stuff once potentially.

I’ll look into this though, could be a useful feature.

I’d say if it’s a choice between latest and original poster I’d prefer to see latest, but if there’s a way to see both that would be nice!

Exactly what I’m working on. We’ll see if it works.

1 Like