Metal Gear Rising Chat Topic

Activision COD themed MGS4! lets make it happen!

Truth be told it’s not the most in depth slasher but i think it’s still better than the God of war games in terms of combat.

4 Likes

yeah it wasnt too deep in terms of combos but it didnt need to be, look at how good vanquish is!

1 Like

I feel like the reason Revengers worked so well was because, despite not being especially deep, it also wasn’t shallow the way some other sword-based games can feel. You’ve got enough variety in your base weapons and boss weapons to always shake things up, and even mini-bosses had such variety in their attack patterns that you always had to mix shit up, be it jumping around, parrying or running like a lunatic.

Really it’s the enemies and the gratifying feeling you get from cutting them all down that makes this game such a romp.

It’s the same reason something like Furi works so well despite you only having like 3 or so attacks. The bosses all do so much that you’re just running around psychotically avoiding the bullet hell madness before tearing into them when you can.

1 Like

yeah but the game REALY would have benefitted from weapon swap combos

1 Like

I been thinking of replaying the game as of late, especially that my music playlist keeps recommending music from the game, it really wants me to play the game again😅.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking of hopping back on it too. Maybe get the final few trophies I need for platinum lmao.

1 Like

You guys already know that this game is exactly what would happen if they were to make a metal gear anime, and as far as offshoots go I’m all on board for this type of branch off. We have to see one more sometime of for the very least a rerelease.