How To Jailbreak Your PS3 For MGO2

THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON’T CARE ABOUT ACCESSING PSN OR THE PS STORE ON YOUR PS3
YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM PSN IF YOU CHEAT OR PLAY PIRATED GAMES ONLINE DO NOT DO THOSE KINDS OF THINGS

Okay now that the warning is out of the way, on to jailbreaking this thing so you can play some revived video games. Metal Gear Online is the only one I usually play personally.

Another cool thing you can do on CFW is backup your games to the PS3s hard drive so you don’t have to worry about damaging the discs anymore. All PS1 and PS3 games work with that. There’s a list of PS2 and PSP games that are compatible with the PS3. Please consult those before you go through all the trouble of backing your games up and putting them on your PS3 only for them not to work.

Requirements:

1. A Fat or Regular Slim PS3
  2. A USB Flash Drive
  3. A Custom Firmware, Probably Ferrox 4.87

Notes:

1. Super Slim PS3s DO NOT work
3 Likes

Damn this may be useful. i might have to pick up a cheap ps3 just to try this out.

2 Likes

Honestly yeah, I’m thinking the same. Pick up some £40 fat PS3 and give it a go. I’ve never played MGO2 so it would be great to try it and hop on.

Should organise an MGL MGO2 tournament lmao.

1 Like

Tournament prizes are usually Fox or Foxhound rank and an exclusive beret lol. Not sure if there are enough EU and NA players anymore to even do tournaments.

The RES tournament was last year and it was really fun. The first 42 minutes of the video is us waiting for their last member to show up.