Gray Fox is the coolest

This is really just a shout out thread for our favourite psychotic cyborg ninja, Frank “Null” “Grey Fox” Jaegar. I love everything about this character, from his design to his beyond tragic backstory and how he links to Naomi Hunter.

Here’s to you, Frank.

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. One of the best supporting characters in any game. But how about his suit? Have yoy ever seen anything cooler?

Raiden’s cyborg look is cool, but doesn’t hold a candle to Frank’s.

2 Likes

Oh yeah Fox is the best looking of the cyborg ninjas.

He drives a Porsche to. Can´t fault that style.

Terrible shot that I took this morning, but you can stil read the license plate. :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

OHH HELL YEAH July is GRAYFOX APPRECIATION MONTH!

3 Likes

Let’s be honest, we all shit our pants when we had to walk through that bloody corridor just before his boss fight.

6 Likes

It’s one of the creepiest parts of the game. It’s even shot like a horror film, and eerie music even plays.

It’s an official holiday now.

2 Likes

I was a chicken shit scaredy cat with 0 horror games under my belt at the time! just imagine my 12 yr old brain!

2 Likes

Greg Eagles did such a superb job as him, really made you feel Fox’s struggles with his line delivery. The Play Arts Kai figure is one of the first figures (maybe THE first?) that started my interest that type of collectibles. Still hoping I can some day manage to get that Mondo MGS Fox variant vinyl.

3 Likes

Whenever I think of Gray Fox, I think about some of the fanmade masks and cosplays I’ve seen and just how impressive and swell the design is.

And of course, being able to play through MGR with the Gray Fox skin - so fucking cool.

Just such a solid design. I’d love a game styled around combat like Ghost of Tsushima with harder stealth elements playing as Gray Fox.

(But I still want MGR2 more…)

2 Likes

Man I gotta fucking play MGR…

2 Likes

^ same… I finally got a copy in good enough condition a few months ago. Still didn´t touch it.
Maybe it´s lame but I´ve made it a personal mission to platinum all my MG games and I´m scared of that one. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yeah, I’ve got a fat backlog but I think this one is going to the top of the pile as I’ve got something in the works pertaining to this game.

Come for the Gray Fox suit, stay for the over the top meme characters with a special shoutout to Armstrong.

Is there a certain edition I need to get for the Gray Fox suit? I see there is a Japanese special edition with a great cover.

1 Like

Nah it was free DLC. I think your only struggle will be getting past the goliath of lag which is the PS3 Store.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping MGR is part of Master Collection Vol 2 with all the skins. There were a few really dope shells for Raiden, but the Frank skin is just perfection.

3 Likes

Cool. I’m going to pick up a copy then. I reckon it’s a pretty short game, yeah?

Very interested to see whats in Vol 2.

Depends how good you are at character action games really, and how quickly you pick up the parry system. It has a brutal learning curve after the Prologue finishes. Or at least for me, I really struggled with the game.

As for Vol 2?

My heart says and yearns for MGS4/Portable Ops/Rising. My head says Peace Walker/MGSV: Definitive Edition

2 Likes

It’s not too long, I think a week of casual playing, you’ll be done with main story and a couple of extra bits.

Honestly, I just want to have Rising easily accessible at this point lmao.

1 Like