Fighting Game Chat

We have our big hitter FG franchises like Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter which can certainly do with their own topic, but fancy just getting some general FG recommendations? Discuss what you’ve been playing lately? New to the genre and want help on where to start? Or do you just fancy slinging constant criticism at an FG franchise? This is the thread for you!

What fighting games has everybody been playing recently? I’m playing Tekken 7 as I usually do but also bought Guilty Gear XRD Rev. 2 on PS4 recently and that’s some seriously stylish fun. I’m also really looking forward to the new Virtua Fighter release which is being teased a tonne by SEGA at the moment, I’ve never played a VF game but I’ll be really thrilled to give it a try.

You know i fall in and out with fighting games but one game i always try to make an attempt to get is every new tekken game. I grew up with all the heavy hitters and classics, street fighter, mortal kombat, Samurai showdown, tekken, some KOF. As much as i enjoy these games I just cant rank online, in the arcades and friends is another story, that’s fun but everyone online are using meta characters and not just enjoying fighting games.

We really gotta organize some games soon.

I play Street Fighter V (nowadays not so much, Overwatch has basically taken over my gaming life). Ryu main, sometimes like to try a little Sakura. Other than that I play UMvC3 just for fun sometimes. My team is Phoenix Wright, Dante and Felicia.

I do have Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 but I’m not good at them.

1 Like

I’ve played SFV again a little bit recently, mainly Juri. hmu sometime if you fancy it.

2 Likes

I used to love fighting games when I was younger, but I’ve fallen out of love with them a fair bit in my old age. Grew up on Tekken so I’ll always have a soft spot for it, although the eon-long loading screens of Tekken 6 tested my patience a lot. Tekken 7 is a lot better.

Bought MK11 on a whim last year during lockdown and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

2 Likes

I got really into Tekken 7 when I got it for Christmas 2018. Hadn’t really liked a Tekken since 3 so it was a real nice surprise when it ended up being one of my faves of the series. I also got really into Mortal Kombat 11 when it came out, but not much else since then.

@NickRocks You still into MVC2 dude? I found an ANCIENT poster yesterday in my basement of the lineup of fighters. Lemme know if you want it man, I’ll mail it your way! I think the only reason I kept it was because it had Jill on it.

It was this one;

3 Likes

Tekken 7 was killer, not to mention Nina WIlliams (mommy crush Williams) is voice acted by Motoko/Julia in bebop. She’s like my fav female voice actor so i notice these things lol. Nina has always maintained a special appreciation for me ever since the arcade, as well as a handful of others, King, Yoshimitsu, and PAUL phoenix. basically those 3 are my top, much like Ryu, Cammy, and Chun are for SF.

Maybe we should organize some friendly Tekken 7, who’ll be down?

I could potentially be down, as long as it’s not competitive since everyone would batter me without breaking a sweat.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t want sweaty game play. Leave that shizz at the door! Nothing kills a mood like someone just using their main over and over. You playing to have fun or show off? You know!

hell yeah I still play too! lol

1 Like

How about that unexpected continued Skullgirls support?

2 Likes

Sorry pal £50 buy-in and mains only, best of 3.

Eddy Gordo/Christie Monteiro :handshake: Bread button mashing his way to glory

1 Like

I bought this game and not one person on my list had it. was fun for like 20 - 30 mins, i never invested much time in it :frowning:

Skullgirls is one of those games I love to play whenever a friend is over and could see myself getting into online, but I’ve already got so many games I want to play and increasingly less time, I don’t know where I’d honestly fit it in.

1 Like

I’m not a pro or anything I only know 2 characters to a passable degree. Valentine and Painwheel. 1v1 me sometime, if you have the guts.

1 Like

Valentine is pretty much the only one i bothered to learn. IMO she’s the coolest one out of all of them. i guess Frankenstein catgirl is also very cool design.

I think all the characters are really inspired tbh. Helps that the artist has a really distinct style. Ashley Woods art directed MGS Fighting Game when?

Oh shit this could be lit. I wish Konami were milking MGS in a more conventional way instead of with Pachinko machines lmao.