Death Stranding

Don’t worry that’s been confirmed.

1 Like

Ahh this is good, I’m excited to see if he triies doing stealth missions

Some of them involve sneaking in new facilities that weren’t in the base game. My hope is some of the new bosses are more human bosses in some of these missions to really sell the ghost baby Metal Gear side of things.

Fucking Hell lmao. Glad I didn’t pick this up on release. Usually it’s easy to par off these kind of “definitive” versions, but I really think this one may be beyond a necessity to enjoy it properly and without feeling like there’s a lack of potential content.

1 Like

thought the game was massively meh

Vanilla DS is one of those extreme hit-n-miss games. I maintain it didn’t need to be, that it could’ve been the thing Kojimbo wanted and still satisfied broader audiences with little more to the core gameplay loop beyond deliveries and real incentive to actually explore outta the way places. But hopefully, Director’s Cut evens things out a bit more.

Thank god you can upgrade from the PS4 version istead of having to buy a whole new copy.

I just got the game second hand. After reading here… maybe I shouldn’t have. LOL
Can’t get a PS5 for a while though so, yeah.

1 Like

I’m sure you wont be missing much, but if you’re like me, even if you enjoyed DS, you wont want to play it again for atleast a year. I plat’ed that game and shelfed it. it’s busy work simulator, honestly if this game was released in a pandemic it’d probably have been received differently

2 Likes

Honestly, this kind of addresses a lot of my biggest issues with DS. The new tools really do feel like the “fuck it, you wanna blaze through? Here you go” way of playing the game, especially for people coming back to the game. Shooting range missions feels like MGS2’s VR missions, taking enemies and objectives in wholly unique, more structured settings out of MGS4. I was saying for years now that the game should’ve let you replay the bosses beyond Maddy Mads Mikkelsen, and including boss rush mode in the private rooms definitely gives me more incentive to come back, since I really loved all three of Higgs’ boss fights. And the new missions look straight outta Metal Gear with those interior locations (and actual cover spots), which I’m all for.

This really does feel like Death Stranding, as it should’ve been from the getgo. It doesn’t seem to address every issue I had with vanilla DS, a game I still really like, but it does address a lot of 'em, and the new content does look legit fun.

I think just, fundamentally, the game would’ve benefited greatly if more missions were like these new ones.

2 Likes

By the looks of it they’re including things fans of the games have been asking for. Im really excited for the corridor crawling stealth missions that they’ve promised. I might end up getting this on ps5 now… I TOLD MYSELF I WOULDNT!

1 Like

I wish they’d do it on PS4 to… But yeah. I also get why they won’t. Still have the original here waiting to slide in the PS4. Wish I had more time.

1 Like

Me too, it’s fine they aren’t - it personally means for me that I’ll have more to play on PS5 and I never bought the initial release either, so it feels like the wait is a big payoff for me.

Reedus has apparently soft confirmed DS2:

1 Like

If there’s a sequel, include all this fun stuff too please. What i really want is to atleast occupy the world with maybe one other player out there. Maybe put a lil radio in the bunker where you can scan the airways looking for another sam.

2 Likes

Kojimbo makes the best music videos.

2 Likes

Honestly, I completely agree, he makes amazing AMV’s! I really dont know if i can play this game again but damn do the trailers really scratch an itch in my brain that i thought i was completely over.

1 Like

Did anyone pick up the directors cut?

Grabbed it myself the other day, enjoying it a lot more than the first time.

1 Like

I mean I really enjoyed the original, what makes this one worth another 100+ hrs?

Those who played both, is there a big difference?
I have the PS4 game in my backlog. Kinda was waiting to play it until I got a PS5 eventually, and the Director’s Cut.

Nothing major really, couple of quality of life changes, new structures and fancier graphics but it’s still essentially the same game. It’s worth the £5 upgrade fee but would be a massive waste if you were like paying another £40-60

If you’ve never played the original though then this is definitely worth it

1 Like