Big Brother is watching (again)

Very, very long time no see guys gals and non binary pals. This is Big Brother (aka Mikey and possibly some other atrocious usernames through the years). I got nostalgic and checked the old site (RIP), found a discord and found this site from there. I was one of the founders of Foxhound with Gene (yes…the utterly atrocious paint graphics were our doing); was also in DC for a bit.

Unsure who’s migrated over/who’s still around, but it’d be great to say hi if anyone remembers me from way back when.

EDIT: Blueblob, if you see this: the Crash Bandicoot ‘The Great Hall’ fiasco still makes me chuckle!

6 Likes

Hi! Welcome! I’m positive I remember you in DeadCell, but I can’t remember if I was in DC with you at the same time. Memories don’t function like they used to any more, unfortunately.

2 Likes

We were,albeit briefly! I think I was in DC just after Tam (Tan?) left the org and the website IIRC? But I think I overlapped a bit of time with Gary until I either went back to Foxhound or lapsed into a period of inactivity cos the site and users were changing and I kinda drifted away from it.

I could be wrong, but I think you MIGHT have recommended Queens Of The Stone Age to me in a music exchange? Didn’t stick, but I remember someone on a forum recommended me to them!

1 Like

I got to admit, I’ve known quite a few mikey’s so now they kinda all became the same person in my head, where you part of S3 with hukkel? were you around for the outerheaven transition or that was another mikey?

Either welcome dude and hope to see you around a bit! if you like sugar bowls you can have some.

1 Like

I remember Huk, we played some Gran Turismo online together, this might have been in the DC days! S3 seems…familiar? I don’t think it was an org? What was S3 again!?

I remember Outer Heaven as an org; but if it was something that happened last few years I likely haven’t got a clue. Again, I’m a long time removed from all things MGSF. Last time I was active the org community chat was just everyone mocking GRU.

Ah. Sugar bowl. I was so excited when I got into DC to find out what the legendary sugar bowl was! I’ll stay for some sugar bowl, sure.

1 Like

HAHAHA, Everything’s loosely coming back, just gotta claw the cobwebs off the brain. MGSF was a great place for a time, i will admit. S3 was his online clan. there was a Mickey in there too so just slowly crossing each mickey off my rolodex brain. the outerheaven stuff was supppperr long ago though, maybe 2011, i lose track myself, maybe it was before your time.

The sugarBowl things took a life all it’s own haha. I’m glad as a small internet group we had a bunch of small memes within our own space.

1 Like

Yes! I remember S3 now! No, I wasn’t a member of it. I’ve always been a solo, offline kinda player when it comes to video games, so it wasn’t really my scene (ie likely another Mikey!).

No, I would’ve been online for the Outer Heaven thing I think if you’re talking about the org? I joined 07 cos I was mega hyped for MGS4 coming out. I do vaguely remember there was a split within DC and it kinda relaunched with new leadership (?), but I wasn’t part of DC at the time.

I was part of the swathe of new people being barely literate talking nonsense launching orgs with MS Paint graphics. Oddly, the org became official and actually survived! Sadly, we had no sugar bowl at FH.

1 Like

Hello! I think I remember the name. Good to see a friendly face :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Mikey! I was in Foxhound but honestly I can’t remember anybody’s name unless they were Jassassino (fuck that guy!) so it’s good to see you around!

3 Likes

i think i remember you from your commentary on the gru escapades haha was probably in foxhound w you for a bit welcome back

1 Like

lol GRU. Yeah, I think I remember your username! Another part of my old sig was DD asking when Rain was going to stop babysitting and join a real org :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The username looks familiar. And Maruki ftw by the way!

1 Like

Hey man, it’s Gene. Remember when David Hayter joined us? :joy:

Good to see you here bud.

1 Like

Oh God! I’d totally, totally forgotten about that :sweat_smile::man_shrugging: We…yeah :sweat_smile:

Hey. At least we were never GRU and their bloody ponies!

Welcome back to the fluffy forums!

Good to see you here, man. No Noel Gallagher for us this time around?!

2 Likes

Oh fucking hell @BigBrother I remember you now! Lmfao.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can get my old sig up later. It still displays on the old site so it must still be hosted somewhere on the interwebs!

EDIT: I also had a sick Auron sig too. I’d totally forgotten that I had the Noel Gallagher one!

mikey-new

xoxox

3 Likes

Welcome back to the fold and thanks for signing up!

1 Like

Welcome!

Not sure I know you, possibly you were there after “my time”.

1 Like