Wake up guys. The rumour mill is churning again. MGS3 Remake

According to Jez Corden, an MGS3 remake is due to be announced at Playstation Showcase and is a launch exclusive for the PS5.

https://twitter.com/NextGenPlayer/status/1655235432345419780?s=20

STRAP IN FOR THIS WEEK’S MGS NEWS

4 Likes

No f´ing WAY! :astonished:

(20 characters)

2 Likes

Odd they’d do MGS3 when 1 & 2, plus the og MG and MG2 can still be done.

3 Likes

Was thinking this, but possibly Konami are treating Twin Snakes as MGS already having the remake treatment, similar to Capcom skipping RE1 because it already had a 2002 remake on the Gamecube.

This should be hype, but I don’t trust Konami to get shit done these days, so I’ll await the release date with bated breath.

1 Like

Yeah I would appreciate this opportunity to play a totally new, reimagined and more original interpretation of those games than an MGS3 remake. But I imagine market research + asset building (the fact that a tonne of resources exist already for MGS3 pachinko) is a big consideration.

2 Likes

Yes, but the REmake has also been ported to modern consoles. Twin Snakes is only available on a console form three generations ago that’s about $100. The game itself is a bit of a collector’s item that also goes for around $100. Plus, let’s be honest, MGS1 > TTS all day :grinning:

Maybe. That or MGS3 being the first game in chronological order are the only reasons I can think of.

1 Like

I can think of no other reason.

I´d prefer a MG or MG2: Solid Snake remake, but MGS3 has some pretty iconic moments that would be amazing to play on a current gen console. The ladder. Looking for Kerotans. EVA´s cleavage in 4K. More seriously, the fight with The Fear.

The fight with The End is going to be 15 hours long isn’t it

3 Likes
2 Likes

Another reason is I think if you’re going to reboot the series with a remake it has to be with a Snake, Naked or Solid. I’d prefer them do something with Solid tbh. He’s not been in a good game since The Middle by Jimmy Eat World was released and not been the star of a game since before Futurama aired it’s first ever episode.

3 Likes

Exactly why Metal Gear 1987 remake is so necessary. It’s crying out!

4 Likes

This right here. Fuck anything else!

I don’t trust what current day Konami will do with the series. If anything they’ve done with it post-Kojima is a sign, then we’re in for grim times. More concerning is Konami potentially contracting a lesser studio to handle the remake. Remember what Rockstar did with the OG GTA Trilogy remaster — they subcontracted the whole thing to a mobile phone game developer. Similar situation with RE3R, Capcom used their “B-Team” and much of the original game was missing from the remake.

I have zero trust in any triple a dev these days.

That would be an interesting move on their behalf.

Hm, reconsidering my previous stance…

This latest article from Tom Henderson all but confirms the remake is real, as well as botching the rumours it’s an exclusive. I’m not sure how to feel, but I’m glad we’re getting some type of Metal Gear back at least

2 Likes

Oh hey, I’ll be able to play it then. :partying_face:

I wonder if this is a remake or a reboot? Starting with MGS3 makes me feel they may try to make Big Boss more the hero over Solid Snake.

1 Like

I’ll be waiting! without Kojima they better don’t shit it up!

2 Likes

so mgs3 is relegated to a lackluster teaser in the middle of some of the most uninspired games ive ever seen. good move.

1 Like

Yeah, if the actual game is underwhelming as that teaser then. Too early to say I guess.

‘Delta’ seems like they are rebooting the whole series then, starting from MGS3.

1 Like

Using the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet implies they’re rebooting the whole series starting from MGS3?