Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater

Few extra short clips:

1 Like

idk how to feel really, I think the characters look ugly. id pay just to hear kojima’s opinion on all of this. Its weird, I just don’t feel any more or less excited. probably being iver played this game 20 times in 20 years

2 Likes

Can´t help but feel the same as last time. New graphics, yey. Some moves in the actual gameplay, like the jump to prone/crawl, look a bit stiff or clunky.
To me this is still Konami trying to cash $80 per game with some new graphics.

2 Likes

Major Zero’s VA confirming he’s in for / done some re-recordings along with extra VA work. Presumably for tutorial stuff, wonder if they might sneak something in related to Skull Face.

1 Like

Ahh, the bruises and wounds collecting is kinda cool. Is that in the extra vids? Guess so, still didn´t watch those.

There’s just a small snippet of Snake bandaging himself but I think that’s just from the cutscene after he gets thrown from the bridge. Wonder how his clothing getting torn will work if we have different camo.

Lamenting the loss of the piss filter :confounded:

4 Likes

This game looks sick as hell. Just the fact that it has a crouch walk elevates it to be the best interpretation of this game - miss me with that level design nonsense the old games are clunky as fuck to control now.

1 Like

3DS version way ahead of the curve

1 Like

These new details are nice, but I’ve got MH:Wilds and Civ 7 in 2025 as it is, arguably two of my biggest time sink franchises ever so this going to have to have some major additions or a great sale price for me to even contemplate playing it before 2026.

1 Like

I think I’m just not a fan of the Unreal Engine “look”. The more I see of the game it just looks generic to me. The original MGS titles had their own visual style, of course some of this was due to the graphical constraints of the time but every game had it’s own charm, even MGS4 and V have a distinct aesthetic and so far Delta just looks like it could be another Black Ops or Uncharted or something.

I am quite interested in the damage/grime system, that looks like it could be very cool.

They aren’t great, that’s for sure.

Yeah, I’m feeling that too. They released a video with Hayter talking about all the upgrades and new features and sure enough smack in the middle there’s basically an advert for the TWO different special collectors editions of the game :roll_eyes:

Crouch walk is a net positive.

1 Like

As long as Sokolov still pisses himself I’ll cope. That’s the only part of the canon they can’t fuck with.

Unfortunately in MGS2 they doubled down on the simulation aspect and made the environment of the Big Shell the same three colours like it was ai generated. I get it, but I didn’t like it.

2 Likes

As a massive Metal Gear Solid fan for decades, I have always wanted a -checks notes- terrarium to really show off my love for the series?

6 Likes

now I can show everyone I love my one eyed snake and be proud!

2 Likes

Around 8:30/8:50 it sounds like it is confirmed to have a toggle for an MGS3-styled filter.

1 Like

Looks much better than what he’s looked like so far I think, bandana certainly makes a difference. Also a speck of Ocelot.

3 Likes

Fuck. My one eyed Snake looks pretty good in this.

2 Likes

I’m more optimistic for this game now than I have been since announcement.

I do wish it was running on FOX Engine lowkey, but if they can mimic how that ran in MGSV and provide built up systems which improve upon the idea and flow of MGSV, then honestly I may cop this in a sale.

One thing which I’d really appreciate in this is some extra missions, similar to how RE2:REMAKE built upon them, 4th Survivor is one of my all time favourite experiences in gaming and I’d love to see a quick speed-run like bonus mission available in this. Especially if the map is totally seemless alike RE2:REMAKE.

3 Likes

We need Snake vs Monkey back!

4 Likes

Was discussing this with the crew last night over my concerns about the mediocre Unreal Engine…why the hell isn’t Konami using FOX?? MGSV still looks and plays wonderfully. Makes little sense to me why they would use licensed Unreal rather than something they made and own.

Fat chance. I don’t even think we’re going to see Guy Savage!

If Konami were smart they’d replace that section with a portion of Castlevania.

LOL just what the fans have always wanted.

These collector’s editions are weak, then again, I’ve rarely seen a special or collector’s edition that was actually interesting. The two I can think off were the Colonial Marines one with the Power Loader statue and the USCM dossier and patches, and the Wolfenstein one with a 1/6th scale BJ action figure and the alternate history vinyl.

I will say, the cover with the Shinkawa art is superior to everything else they’ve shown so far. Shame it’s part of this weak ass special edition.

See I liked that, it added to the chaos of the whole experience in a very subtle way. I can’t believe I’m longing for the days when every game had it’s own engine. I am worried games are just going to all blend into one visual style across the board with the advent of Unreal. Pretty soon everything is just going to look like modern slop, soulless regurgitations, but at least it looks good on your 70" Sony™ Ultra Deluxe High-Res TV :roll_eyes:

1 Like