Classic Video Game Posters/Ads

Anybody got any they’re particularly fond of? I bought my partner a Rayman 3 one which, honestly, is absolutely hilarious and I’ve just come across this Tekken Advance gem that looks like the photo-shoot was done in ass-fuck nowhere, Southeast Kent.

4 Likes

Brilliant idea. I stash retro ads anytime I see anything interesting, here’s a few —

4 Likes

I love the old mgs promo posters. They are crazy expensive today, a single one can have a demanding price of over a hundred dollars. Don’t know if anyone is buying but that’s what it goes for.

If an mgs poster is cut from a magazine it can go for tens of dollars, those promo posters that were in game stores etc are the expensive ones.

6 Likes

I only have an old one from MGS2, but highly doubt it´s something official. Would love some old school game posters for my gaming cave though.

1 Like

Post a picture! I had one cut from a magazine, it is still at my parent’s house on the wall of my room. I should have stacked on those promo posters back when they were cheap.

This is another classic that I like, it came with the PAL release of MGS1 along with the silent hill 1 demo. The backside of this poster featured the controls for the demo. I have this poster in frames.

4 Likes

There’s just something so tangible and delicious about these classic posters. Keep posting them up!

Here’s the Rayman 3one which I bought my girlfriend and original version of. Framed in their office space, I think it’s absolutely hilarious that this is in the background of their Team Meetings.

3 Likes

the game may have sucked but as a kid this art just stuck with me lol

manhunt!

3 Likes

4 Likes

This is a really cool poster, just great design in general with the colour pairing.

Lmao I get you. DMC games have their Marketing turned up to 200%. Even the games considered bad in the series seem to have a sick marketing campaign backing them.

Those MG2 and RE ones are legit beautiful. Captures the genres of each so well!

This Spider-Man (2000) poster is honestly iconic. Turns out that a bunch of the ads and posters for this game leant into the late 90s animated TV show at the time, so a lot of casual players and watchers thought it was an adaptation of the show. This poster is pretty basic, but honestly it’s got all it needs!

Similarly, for his birthday I bought my brother this poster recently - I’m feeling kind of nostalgic for this era of Marvel lately!

Just read about this poster, which was part of a marketing strategy where UK rave nights and clubs had PS1s set up with Wipeout on in break rooms, with the poster leaning into it and depicting people ODing and/or playing Wipeout lmao.

4 Likes

Another Ill fated Capcom game but once again this artwork has always stuck with me

this is a lil more forgotten now but the arcades used to be plastered with this art in the late 90’s i can still smell it!

2 Likes

lmao no way you’re calling this forgotten, it’s one of the most iconic Street Fighter images to this day!
Another Capcom fighter classic:

2 Likes

Not the image smart-ass, the game!

oh yeah I forgot nobody remembers SF Alpha!!

What’s Street Fighter? Some kind of thug?

See even you mucked it up. It’s alpha 2!

“this is a lil more forgotten now but the gaming mags used to be plastered with this art in the early 00s:”

“lmao no way you’re calling this forgotten, it’s one of the most iconic MGS images to this day!”

“Not the image smart-ass, the game!”

“oh yeah I forgot nobody remembers MGS!!”

“See even you mucked it up. It’s mgs2!”

3 Likes

Hahahaha, who hurt you?

2 Likes

Giiiirls giiiiiiirls!

2 Likes

I’ve got an ancient MVC2 poster somewhere, I’ll have to post it when I come across it.

You guys have cool posters. I´d look on the second hand sites again, but these days there´s no way to tell what´s authentic anymore… :confused:

That said, this is one I have. Doubt it´s official, but I like it.

And now we´re at it, not game related, but another framed.

When we´ve finally moved I´m putting them up.

4 Likes